Chief Kenneth Erickson
Assistant Chief Kirk Beattie
Deputy Chief Charles Roffo
Deputy Chief Shawn Riley
The city of Laconia recently requested and received a Manpower and Overtime Study completed by Municipal Resources Incorporated. Click the link bwlow to view the report.
Laconia Fire Department Manpower and Overtime Study by MRI
The Laconia Fire Department works to provide an effective and efficient level of fire, rescue, hazardous material and pre-hospital emergency medical services. In addition, the department provides Fire Safety Education to school students, and local businesses. These services are provided out of two fire stations located in Laconia and at the Weirs. There is a supplemental facility in Lakeport manned by the Call Company (volunteers).
It is the mission of the Laconia Fire Department to provide the citizens of Laconia and the visitors to the city with effective and efficient fire, medical, rescue, and environmental protection services. The mission is also to provide other necessary emergency services essential to the health, safety and well being of the community. These services include, but are not limited to, the delivery of pre-hospital emergency medical services, extra hazardous rescues, and the mitigation of man made, or natural, catastrophes.
- Fire suppression;
- Rescue (all types);
- Pre-hospital emergency care and transport; Lakes Region General Hospital
- Fire and arson investigation;
- Inspection services for existing and new buildings,
- Permit issuance where required;
- Municipal fire alarm system: construction, maintenance and testing;
- Fire safety education;
- Winter hydrant maintenance (shoveling); and,
- Station and grounds maintenance (Fire Department facilities).
Fire inspection services to assure compliance with both the Life Safety Code and the Fire Prevention Code; issuance of related permits such as assembly, oil burner and blasting permits. Codes include: National Fire Protection Association Life Safety Code 101; Uniform Fire Code; New Hampshire statutes such as RSA 153, 154, 155, 158 and 199, as may be amended; International Building Code (IBC) and, Chapter 149 of Laconia City Ordinances as may be amended from time to time.
- Training: fire, medical, hazardous materials (haz-mat), rescue;
- Vehicle maintenance; and,
- Fire alarm maintenance.
- Local emergency planning (hazardous materials);
- Plan review (site, fire alarm systems);
- Building construction (new and renovation);
- City Safety Board;
- Lakes Region Mutual Aid (Board of Directors);
- Emergency Medical Services (State of NH); and,
- Outdoor burning permit and control.